Welcome to the first step in applying to join us at Camp fYrefly! The dates for 2017 Camps are listed to the right. Applications for Edmonton, Calgary and Ontario camps will open March 6 and close May 3. Applications for Saskatchewan camp will be found here. During our 4 day camp we feed about 100 campers, Youth leaders and Volunteers each day. We are always looking at fun ways to engage community groups at Camp fYrefly and providing community meal support is one important way to support the camp. We hope you join us!
This year fYrefly Calgary will be held at Camp Jubilee Girl Guide Camp in Cochrane, . fYrefly Edmonton will be held at Tangletrees Girl Guide Camp on Pigeon Lake, Pigeon Lake, .
Note: If you are looking to attend camp the full 4 days as part of the Kitchen Team, please select Kitchen Team from the application menu.
These are the options to support meals at Camp fYrefly:
I want to provide a financial donation to support a breakfast, lunch or dinner at camp ($500)
I want to provide a financial donation to support a snack at camp ($150)
My organization will bring a group of volunteers (4-10) to come prepare and serve a meal at camp.
I am applying to help as an individual volunteer to support the Food Team for a meal(s).
You can pick one or any combination of these in the form below!
*Note: We ask all organizations supporting our kitchen with a financial donation to provide this online or by mail (through a cheque addressed to the University of Alberta), and send e-mail confirmation to the Camp Coordinator (email address below). We cannot accept food donations, as each meal has a set menu to accommodate youth and volunteer diets. More information about donating is on our website at: http://www.fyrefly.ualberta.ca/SupportfYrefly
Please add drive times (about 1 hour) as you check your availability:
Kitchen Helpers Job Description
· Check in with cook or assistant cooks at beginning of the shift.
· Help with food prep and cooking (Calgary only).
· Check coffee, make more if needed, fill up cream and sugar bowls.
· Check snack table supply - do we need more granola bars or fruit put out?
· Help set up dishes and buffet area for meal times.
· Help serve the meal to campers and volunteers.
· Enjoy the meal!
· Help clean up - put away leftovers and condiments.
· Wash and dry dishes.
· Help put the kitchen back together and keep us organized.
· Check dining area- tables wiped down, floors swept, etc.
Need more information?