Five core themes comprise the framework that guides the development and delivery of the Camp fYrefly Program:
- Creating a socially just and inclusive community;
- Building resiliency and youth leadership capacity;
- Empowering youth to address bullying, harassment, hate crimes, and knowing their rights;
- Learning through art, music, writing, performing arts, and games;
- Self and social development.
If you would like to read more about these five themes, a PDF document with further explanation is available here.
What Does Camp Look Like?
Camp spans four days where Camper Participants and Youth Leaders stay on-site in dormitory style rooms with healthy meals provided. A variety of arts-based leadership workshops take place during these four days, along with field trips, a talent showcase, and group/free time. You can take a look at a sample of the Daily Camp Schedule , or examples of Workshops, from our 2011 Camp program.